What’s The Deal With Vitamin B12?
Vitamin B12, or cobalamin, is beneficial on many levels – it maintains brain function, elevates our mood, helps up sleep better, increases our metabolism and gives us increased energy. It is available naturally in foods like dairy products, poultry, eggs, fish, shellfish and meat - but not in most fruits and vegetables.
Additionally, our bodies absorb animal sources of vitamin B12 much better than the plant sources. And because non-animal sources vary in their amount of B12, they are not considered reliable sources. Thus vegans especially can all too easily find themselves lacking this essential nutrient.
With the discovery of the multiple benefits of B12 for the body and overall health, people are adding B12 into their wellness routine, quite frequently as an injection to avoid the loss of absorption through the GI tract.
- B12 increases metabolism, thus a common side effect can be weight loss. B12 isn't a significant weight loss factor on its own, but in combination with other weight loss regimens, it certainly assists.
- As we said earlier, B12 is also a great energy booster. This is because B12 enables your red blood cells to carry oxygen more efficiently. An oxygenated cell is a cell full of energy - one that doesn’t tire easily.
- B12 Shots are highly recommended mood boosters as well. This is because B12 is essential to central nervous system health, and we know that central nervous system dysfunction can lead to depression. If you suffer from mild depression once in a while, you can try a B12 shot as a mood booster.
- B12 is also essential for a properly functioning cardiovascular system. It thins the blood and prevents blood cells sticking together, helping to avoid blood clots and stroke.
- Vitamin B12 can even help you sleep better. Deficiencies in B12 are linked to both insomnia and disorders of the sleep-wake cycle. Insomnia includes not only problems getting to sleep at night but also constant daytime fatigue.
Everyday B12 Special - Eight B12 shots for just $100 (a $200 value)!